Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year!!

It's 2015.   One of my goals this year is to write more on the blog........   So get ready!   This is your warning!

Here are some others:

  • Stay current with Ancestry hints - - for the last several months, I have waded through over 7k hints and I am officially caught up.   I want to make sure to look at them weekly at a minimum and keep them up to date.
  • Update and Verify.   My plan is to work with the Error Report on Family Tree Maker.  One type of error at a time, and resolve the error and review and update the family while I'm in there.   I created a custom Reviewed event to make it easier to know who has and has not been reviewed, when I last looked at a record, and who needs a review.    I want to verify everybody on my tree - which I do fairly well as I add them, and have every event sourced.
  • Blog more....... yes - I said that above too.    I plan to participate in the 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks challenge again, as well as highlight interesting ancestors as I find them, updates from conferences, general genealogy related thoughts, etc..   My buddy at work is also planning to blog about family history - so maybe a little competition will keep us motivated!

Tonight - I'm pondering who I want to highlight for week 1 of  #52Ancestors - look for that soon!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment