Thursday, January 2, 2014

Not many choices today......

Here we are on January 2, 2014.    4 People in my family tree have events today, but nobody that I have much information on!

The most interesting of my choices today is Abraham How (by the time my grandmother was born - the family name was Howe). 

Abraham is my 3rd Cousin, 8 times removed.   He was born on January 2, 1724 in Ipswich, Massachusetts.    He died on August 18, 1808.     He was married to Elizabeth Perry and had 9 children.  



Abraham served in the Revolutionary War.   I was able to locate his service record, but there is not a lot of information there.    The 12th Regiment of the Continental Congress under Col. Moses Little.  This regiment participated in several key battles including the Battle of Bunker Hill, the New York Campaign and the Battles of Trenton and Princeton.    



No comments:

Post a Comment